Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Hello! I'm Here! Really!
Dear Readers, I have been busy. And sick. And tired. And sick and tired of being busy. But life is pretty good. So, from the last few weeks, some observations and updates, in no particular order, and certainly not all-inclusive.
1. Happy birthday to Mom (Feb 4th) and Fuzzy (Feb 3rd)!
To Mom- I know the days an be hard, but I think you are handling things with the utmost grace and strength. I love you.
To Fuzzy, I love you, too, man. Due to sickness and being out-of-town (always a fun combination), I didn’t call you. But we hope your b-day was great. And hopefully soon, you will get your present (if it hasn’t arrived already).
2. Yeah, so the whole sick thing. Katie has been really sick for a few days, an I thought I was managing to stay healthy, but alas, the Dread Mahocus has me in its grip now, as well. Missed several blocks of work-related stuff, but did manage to make it to all my classes. Hopefully we are on the mend.
3. Because of the day and because I am Catholic, I have ashes all over my head right now. Gonna try to stop cussing for Lent, but that’s gonna be pretty f%@#ing hard for me. I’ll try, though.
4. Thanks to Erica and Fuzzy for the new computer. I have over half my CD’s now loaded up on iTunes. And my lip gloss be poppin.’
5. So our dear priest at St. Tomas More, Father Tim, was transferred. And our new priest, Father Marcin Zahura, has been here since Feb. 1st. And, man, what a difference. I like him, I do. Liked him pretty quickly, actually, but he is different. He is…uhh, stricter, shall we say. Which is not necessarily a bad change. It will be interesting to see how the congregations take to him. I’ll leave it at that for now. Gonna study this new fella a while.
That’s it for this post. But I’ll post more soon. I’ll try harder, folks. I really will!