Monday, July 02, 2007

Greetings From MS

I would imagine that most everyone who reads this blog is somewhat aware of the events of my life as of late, but for those who don't, here is the summary:

1.Quit my job.
2.Visited Sunny I-20 for a day
3.Am currently in and will be in Mississippi until very early August.

That's right, I've officially flown the Carolina coop, so to speak. Prior to grad school this fall, I thought I'd spend some time with my folks, visiting and helping around the house with chores and such. Positive side: kinda having a vacation (albeit one with work). On the down side, I am sans wife, and that's not so much fun, especially since she is currently unemployed* and looking for work (“Sorry about the job, honey. See ya in a month!”). But we'll live.

I've already been here about a week, and for the next month my posts will be dispatches from my hometown of Vicksburg, Mississippi. It's been fun so far, and I've already seen several folks I know. I'll elaborate more in later posts.

*Actually, she is currently in Arizona with her family, and she'll be hiking the Grand Canyon tomorrow, so don't feel TOO sorry for her. However, if it will inspire you to hire her for $35 K+ a year, then by all means, please feel sorry for her.

No comments: