Monday, July 02, 2007

My Daddy-O, 7/1/07

First things first, let's talk about my dad. He is doing much much better than he was when I saw him last. He's up and about. His shingles are much better. Although there is still a lot of pain, the rash is pretty much gone except for a few spots here and there. His skin color looks good. His eyesight is improving and he can read a bit again. Overall, he's like a completely different person than he was just two months ago.

It was such a relief to see him doing so well. In fact, my folks were waiting for me on the deck when I arrived Monday evening, and I was talking to him for several minutes just like evrything was normal before I remembered what he looked like before and realized how good he looks now. I just walked over to him and kissed his forehead where the rash used to be. So now, though he is still far from tip-top shape, it looks like it will be a visit with more quality time than I thought would be the case, and that's a good thing.

Me and my Pops

And the coolest thing is, he's sporting the hippest of hair-dos now. “Like son, like father” in this case!

Slick

4 comments:

Erica said...

What a great photo of one of my favorite people.

Anonymous said...

hahaha

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of TWO of my favorite people!!!

Irving Energy Audit said...

This is a great post