Thursday, December 01, 2005

Big News from the Sis...


ringading
Originally uploaded by Waldie's World.
OK, so this is the last week before finals, and I apologize for not having posted in over a week. But tonight you'll get TWO new posts, so quit yer bitchin'...

This is the big news of the week: My sister Erica and her man Fuzzy are officially engaged. The photo is of the ring that he presented her to make it all official-like. (Evidently it was his grandmother's ring, I believe.)

She called last night to tell us and was all sweet and weepy and cute. And I am very happy for them. Fuzzy is a good guy and welcome him to the Reid clan with open arms. The wedding is going to be in sometime in September or October of 2006.

Of course, one of the big questions that has already cropped up numerous times is "what will this do to your overseas plans?" The answer is- I don't know. Katie and I were aware of the fact that Erica would very possibly get married while we were away. We knew that life wasn't going to stop while we were gone. But neither will our plans necessarily change because of events like this. But they might. Erica's wedding. Dad's health. Time away from family, both young and old. There are many factors that must be reconciled before we make a final decision one way or another. It's a tough situation, but we'll see. We now have a loose date for Erica's wedding, we can incorporate it into our planning and decision making, and we will see what the future holds.

As for right now, I am just celebrating the news and wishing them the best. This is a fun time. Katie said to me tonight "I wish WE could get engaged again!" I am assuming and hoping she she meant to each other...

2 comments:

Fuzzy said...

Thanks for the welcome to the family... we're all giddy.

Waldie said...

you failed to mention that i jumped into your arms when i said "I wish WE could get engaged again!" marriage, urgh!