Monday, December 19, 2005

Current Musical Obsession


Tegan-and-Sara
Originally uploaded by Waldie's World.
I go out to the mailbox one day, and behold, therein lies a package from Erica and Fuzzy, always exciting but not entirely surprising, in that those two always tend to send me tons of stuff, which is always appreciated. And within this package was several really good albums. Yet slowly but surely one of those albums is consistently played more and more often...

...and THAT album, dear readers, was So Jealous by Tegan and Sara. Holy Smokes, can I not get enough of this album. I will officially say I am a wee bit obsessed. I fully realized it this morning when, after saying to Katie "Let's put some music on" (at which time I put on Tegan and Sara), Katie gave me a look that can only be interpreted as "OH, we're listening to THIS album. Again." And mind you, Katie likes the album. SO I am wearing grooves in my CD (if that's in any way possible). Kinda folky, yet rockin', almost whiny, yet adorable, meek but still kickin' ass, I am totally into these ladies. (Twin sisters, by the way. From Canada. With tattoos. and guitars. Word.)

Other musical miscellany that excites me at this moment:
1. Harvey Danger is back together and their new album has gotten pretty solid reviews.
2. Digable Planets are back together and touring again. This bodes well for Planet Earth (and many other planets as well, for that matter...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW you would get obsessed with it!! That happens with that album. but it does pass...

Baldman76 said...

I don't EVER want it to pass. They're, like, my new best friends...

Anonymous said...

It'll pass when you decide to share the cd with someone new... they are fickle b!+ches.