Tuesday, January 10, 2006

King Kong (2005)

Won't say much about this one since I've already blogged about the original, and it's all still pretty applicable: exploitation and the darker side of human nature abound. In sum, I enjoyed the heck out of the movie and thought it was very well done. Needless to say, the efects are top-notch. Naomi Watts is...really really pretty. I gotta say it. Yeah, she's the hot blonde Hollywood actress, but she really is pretty. And prettiness aside, she's good in the film, too. She does a fine job, as does everyone else (even Jack Black, though he's pretty much just playing himself yet again- but the pompous smarminess suits his character just fine). Katie and I especially enjoyed seeing Andy Serkis in human form as a crew menber of the ship (as well as the CGI Kong). Not that the Skull Island scenes weren't fun, I could have used a little less island and a little more NYC, but overall, I enjoyed it immensely. And if you HAVEN'T seen it and you have ANY inkling to see it at all, do yourself a favor and see it on the big-screen.

And for the record, I did not cry, though I did get a little misty at one point…

No comments: